Most referrals to other specialists will require you seeing or speaking with a GP. However, there are a number of local services, listed below, that you are able to make self referrals to.
Track A Referral
NHS e-Referral (Choose & Book) Tracking
If your Doctor has referred you to a Specialist for further care you will be asked to book your appointment using the ‘NHS e-Referral’ system. It’s fast, convenient and secure.
- The Manage Your Referral website is easy for patients to use. It allows them to book, check, change and cancel their appointments online
- Patients can take control and book their own appointment on a convenient date and time and at their preferred hospital or Clinic if there is a choice
- No more worried patients having to contact the Practice to find out what is happening with their appointment
You will normally receive a letter from us within 2 weeks giving details of how to book your appointment and any passwords you may need.
To track your e-Referral you will need the following details to log into the e-Referral website:
- Your date of birth
- Reference number – this will be on the first page of your letter
- Password – this will be on the second page of your letter
To track an e-Referral
You can also phone the NHS e-Referral Service line on 0345 608 8888 (open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and on weekends and bank holidays from 8am to 4pm).
Referral to Hospital by your GP
If you have been referred to a specialist and would like more information, in the first instance please contact the service provider directly.
Patient information leaflet:
What happens when you are referred by your GP to see a specialist